Biomedical engineering is the synergy of many facets of applied science and engineering. The advanced diploma in biomedical engineering provides the knowledge and skills in electrical, electronic engineering required to service and maintain healthcare equipment. You will develop a wide range of skills that may be applied to develop software, instrumentation, image processing and mathematical models for simulation. Biomedical engineers are employed in hospitals, clinical laboratories, medical equipment manufacturing companies, medical equipment service and maintenance companies, pharmaceutical manufacturing companies, assistive technology and rehabilitation engineering manufacturing companies, research centres. Medical technology industry is one of the fast-growing sectors in engineering field. Join the next generation of biomedical engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical program. It provides a solid overview of the current state of biomedical engineering and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcomes. Leading biomedical/electronic engineers with several years of experience in biomedical engineering present the program over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
There is a great shortage of biomedical engineers and technicians in every part of the world due to retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. Many companies employ electrical, electronic engineers to fill the vacancy and provide on the job training to learn about biomedical engineering. The aim of this 18-month eLearning program is to provide you with core biomedical engineering skills to enhance your career prospects and to benefit your company/institution. Often universities and colleges do a brilliant job of teaching the theoretical topics, but fail to actively engage in the 'real world' application of the theory with biomedical engineering. This advanced diploma is presented by lecturers who are highly experienced engineers, having worked in the biomedical engineering industry. When doing any program today, a mix of both extensive experience and teaching prowess is essential. All our lecturers have been carefully selected and are seasoned professionals.
This practical program avoids weighty theory. This is rarely needed in the real world of industry where time is short and immediate results, based on hard-hitting and useful know-how, is a minimum requirement. The topics that will be covered are derived from the acclaimed IDC Technologies' programs attended by over 500,000 engineers and technicians throughout the world during the past 20 years. And, due to the global nature of biomedical engineering today, you will be exposed to international standards.
This program is not intended as a substitute for a 4 or 5 year engineering degree, nor is it aimed at an accomplished and experienced professional biomedical engineer who is working at the leading edge of technology in these varied fields. It is, however, intended to be the distillation of the key skills and know how in practical, state-of-the-art biomedical engineering. It should also be noted that learning is not only about attending programs, but also involves practical hands-on work with your peers, mentors, suppliers and clients.
Join the next generation of electronic engineers and technicians and embrace a well paid, intensive yet enjoyable career by embarking on this comprehensive and practical course. It provides a solid overview of the current state of electronics engineering practice and is presented in a practical and useful manner - all theory covered is tied to a practical outcome. Leading electronics engineers present the course over the web using the latest distance learning techniques.
This course is not intended as a substitute for a 4 or 5 year engineering degree, nor is it aimed at an accomplished and experienced professional electronics engineer who is working at the leading edge of technology in these varied fields. It is, however, intended to be the distillation of the key skills and know-how in practical, state-of-the-art electronic engineering. It should also be noted that learning is not only about attending courses; but also involves practical hands-on work with your peers, mentors, suppliers and clients.
What You Will Gain
- Practical guidance from biomedical engineering experts in the field
- 'Hands on' knowledge from the extensive experience of the lecturers, rather than from only the theoretical information gained from books and college reading
- Credibility as a biomedical engineering expert in your firm
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in biomedical engineering
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- An EIT Advanced Diploma of Biomedical Engineering
Who Would Benefit
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Technicians
- Biomedical Equipment/Engineering Technician
- Field Technicians
- Healthcare equipment service technicians
- Project Engineers and Managers
- Design Engineers
- Instrumentation Engineers
- Control Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers and Supervisors
- Consulting Engineers
- Production Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Medical Sales Engineers
In fact, anyone who wants to gain solid knowledge of the key elements of biomedical engineering in order to improve work skills and to create further job prospects. Even individuals who are working in the healthcare industry may find it useful to attend to gain key, up to date perspectives.
The program is composed of 18 modules. These cover the basics of electrical, electronic and software knowledge and skills to provide you with maximum practical coverage in the biomedical engineering field.
The 18 modules will be completed in the following order:
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Technical and Specification Writing
- Fundamentals of Professional Engineering
- Engineering Drawings
- Printed Circuit Board Design
- Anatomy and Physiology for Engineering
- Power Electronics and Power Supplies
- Shielding, EMC/EMI, Noise Reduction and Grounding/Earthing
- Troubleshooting Electronic Components and Circuits
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- C++ Programming
- Embedded Microcontrollers
- Biomedical Modelling and Simulation
- Biomedical Equipment and Engineering Practices
- Biomedical Image Processing
- Biomechanics and Assistive Technology
- Medical Informatics and Telemedicine